July 19, 2004

Friends, Indeed.

At this point, I would like to thank my plotting, scheming, going-behind-my-back friends for plotting, scheming and for going behind my back.   
 
Sitting at my desk today, I had cause to ponder the friendships that I have.  There have been several that are like those orange circus peanuts: sweet, full of flavor, yet very short-lived and lacking in substance.  More to be cherished, though, are those who make life like living with honeysuckle in the yard: always there, coming through year after year, generally making life a better experience.   My life is like a pecan tree from which the loose nuts have been shaken loose, with only the really hard-core nuts still hanging on.  You know who you are.
 
Just thinking of the contributors to this forum sends me reeling down memory lane.  I don't think I could tally the incredible, raw cookie-dough goodness that these folks have brought to my life.  Flamer bailed me out of jail, welcomed me into his house once a week for years, and took care of me after I'd lost a really bad fight with some tequila.  Mel has been my infrequent confessor (handy having a Catholic around!), a constant personification of joie de vivre, and the woman who has made Chris happy for these many years.  Chris has chased women and dogs (honestly, literally) with me, been a brother when I needed one and is a constant source of amusement.
 
Vaughan, well. . . . sorry, mate.  You amuse me, but not that much.
 
Especially after this weekend's antics, I'm glad you sneaky little shits are my friends (read: I'm glad you're on my side).  I appreciate you.

2 Comments:

At July 20, 2004 at 8:50 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Well, Glad to be considered one of the good, um.. nuts.. from your tree... ;-)

 
At July 26, 2004 at 10:10 AM, Blogger Loner said...

I would like to second the thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home