June 15, 2004

Sticker Shock

Driving home from work, I stopped at a red light behind a white pickup truck. Now for those of you who don't live in Georgia, it is state law that any non-commercial pickup truck registered in the state to have a sticker on the back window, depicting a boy urinating on some logo. The boy is a knock-off of a respectable comic strip called "Calvin and Hobbes", and the logo can be of anything from your least favorite NASCAR driver's number to your least favorite brand of truck. (Yes, Southerners are very brand-loyal when it comes to trucks, beer and firearms.) These stickers are intended to show your disdain for something without having to resort to slogans, or even words at all, those tricky things.

The truck in front of me had just such a sticker in his window, showing the boy urinating on the Ford logo. Not an unusual sight, like I said, but there was something else.

The truck in front of me, bearing this sticker, was a Ford truck.

1 Comments:

At June 16, 2004 at 1:40 PM, Blogger Badpatty said...

Physician, heal thyself! When I was driving my Infiniti, I knew exactly how that guy must have felt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home